MDL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MDL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes made. This policy is effective from 1st March 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information via this website:
- name and job title
- company name
- contact information including telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or market research
We may further enrich information about you from publicly available sources, such as but not limited to:
- your corporate website
- social media sources such as Linkedin, Passle and Twitter
- market publications
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand our market’s and your needs, in order to provide you with better services and solutions, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about products, solutions, services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests and needs.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Incorrect information held about you
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address shown below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Changing your direct marketing preferences
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, please indicate in the comments box if you do want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have been receiving marketing information from us and no longer wish us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us, using the contact details shown below.
Changing your third-party marketing preferences
We will not sell, distribute, lease or share your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Request details of personal information held about you
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please apply in writing to the postal address shown below, providing your contact details including an email address, which must match the one held on our records. We may contact you to confirm your identity.
MDL will use reasonable endeavours to provide information held about you within 1 calendar month of the receipt of your written request, but no later than 3 calendar months where such requests are deemed as complex or are received in volume.
Information will be provided free of charge. However, MDL reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee in the event that such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly repetitive requests.
The information will be provided to you in a readable electronic format. Readable will mean formats that can be opened and read using commonly available applications – Such as Microsoft Office, PDF readers, image and video players.
Removal of consent and the right to be forgotten
You may wish to remove consent for the use of your personal information and/or request that you are ‘forgotten’. Such requests should be made in writing either by email or post, using the contact details below.
Some information may be retained on our records for the following reasons:
- minimal information to record that a request was made, that allows us to identify which data subjects have made such requests
- for legitimate business purposes as described in the section below
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information
- to comply with a legal obligation
- the exercise or defence of legal claims
Information retained for legitimate business purposes
MDL will retain information for legitimate business purposes. These purposes include the following business activities:
- execution of contract of services, where your company is a contracted customer of MDL
- to update customers and other contacts related to our services. This may include news regarding software releases, maintenance or new solutions
- MDL writes blogs, news articles, white papers and other forms of published material, for which we may contact you where such publications are on a subject matter which either name you, name your company or on a topic which you may have an opinion or view
- MDL is a Business-to-Business (“B2B”) business. As such, we record publicly available information regarding key personnel within companies in, or associated with, our target market. Our target market is the global insurance market
Information retention periods
Information collated from this website are stored in MDL’s secure CRM software and will be reviewed annually for relevance. Where information is no longer required for legitimate purposes, then such data will be removed within 24 calendar months.
In the event of a complaint regarding the use of personal data, please contact MDL via the contact details below, addressed to the Data Protection Officer, providing details of the basis of your concerns.
MDL will use reasonable endeavours to resolve your complaint within one calendar month of receipt of your written complaint.
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of our complaint resolution, then you have the right to contact the regulator, Information commissioner’s Office - https://ico.org.uk
MDL data controller
MDL data protection officer
The Old Engine Shed, Briantspuddle, Dorset, DT2 7HR
+ 44 (0) 1929 472210